Sunday, June 12, 2011

day one - second half

June 10th
Blaine, WA to Larrabee State Park
approx 36 miles

  Got a late start and didn't make it to the border until around 4:30.  Carlon dropped me off at Peace Arch State Park, where I got lost trying to find the map route.  The route actually starts in downtown Vancouver, so that kind of threw me off.  If I was smart, we would have drove around and found it before, but oh well.

Found where I was going finally and headed towards Bellingham.  Thankfully no large hills for my first day.  Had a change of plans, Carlon called and she ended up getting a camping spot in Larrabee State Park, south of Bellingham on Chuckanut Drive.  This added the unexpected mileage.

My legs where killing me, especially the last few miles along Chuckanut.  Carlon and Flower met me at the gate and we set up camp.  Went back into Bellingham for dinner at LaFiamma, had a pulled pork pizza, damn good.  Crawled into bed around 12, feeling nervous/excited/anxious for what's in store for the coming weeks.

Peace Arch
actual border?  other side said Canada
first long stretch
I've heard some funny stories about this beach
Chuckanut Bay, Lummi Island in the distance
in camp, slept in the comfortable tent tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment